Board of Directors
Mr. Francis Rozario
The Founding Chairman and CEO of Asia Capital and Advisors Pte Ltd. and a Fund Manager registered under the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Francis Rozario’s career spans 35 years in Banking & Finance across the world. For 28 years, in Citibank he ran businesses in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, USA, Europe and Asia. Post this, he moved on as CEO and Executive Director of Fullerton Financial Holdings, Singapore where he pioneered many path-breaking projects till he retired in 2011.
A professional who thrives on challenges, Francis Rozario started Asia Capital and Advisors Pte Ltd. in 2011 and obtained MAS approval as a Fund Manager in 2012.
Among the various benchmarked assignments, he successfully handled during his career, his last assignment for Citibank was especially significant in the present context. It was to develop a new model for SME/Commercial Banking across Emerging Markets and to obtain Credit Policy approval for a new Risk model.
- At the early age of 28, appointed CEO for Citibank Liberia.
- Asked by Citibank to launch a de novo Joint Venture Commercial Bank in Nigeria, which gained a reputation as the best bank in Nigeria.
- Appointed as CEO for Citibank Colombia and Ecuador, followed by the Division Head for the Global Relationship Bank for Latin America.
- In 1993, appointed CEO of the Corporate & Investment Bank in Taiwan.
- His model for SME/Commercial Banking across Emerging Markets rolled out across 15 countries from Latin America to Asia in 3 years delivered a 20% return on equity in year 5.
- Set up Fullerton India and was Chairman from inception until 2011.
Mr. Vinay Bijawat
An ex-Managing Director and EMEA Operating Committee Member of Citigroup, with over 20 years of international banking experience in senior Regional and Global business and risk management roles, Vinay Bijawat has formidable expertise in Corporate Banking, Transaction Services, Asset Based Finance and SMEs.
Currently, he is the Executive Director in charge of Risk Management & Business Development (for SME, Corporate, Leasing, Finance companies, Retail/Consumer Finance, Wealth Management) with Bank T&D.
- Has lead a number of large and complex consulting assignments in the areas of SME, Risk Management, Auto Finance and Leasing.
- Has facilitated boards of several financial institutions in their strategic plans in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
- Has gathered extensive SME experience, having been the Citibank Regional Commercial Banking Head (SME/MME) for CEEMEA, Regional ABF Head for CEEMEA, International Risk Head for Commercial Banking (SME/MME-Companies with sales up to USD 200 million)
- Has been a member of the Citibank Global SME Executive Management team from inception.
Mr. Ajay Kalyankar
Ajay Kalyankar is a B.E- Mechanical from REC, Bhopal and has a varied experience spanning over 28 years, across the Service, Manufacturing Finance, Power, Chemical, Pharmaceutical & Dairy Industries. During his career, he has structured and handled various functions in departments starting from Human Resources, Training, Procurement, Infrastructure, Financial Control, Accounts Payable, General Services, Administration, CSR to Liaison with Government agencies. He has also handled large projects in the Goods Logistics and Employee Transport, Safety & Security sectors.
Known and respected especially for strong People Handling, Process Development and Project Management skills, Ajay Kalyankar for the past 16 years has held very Senior Management positions which at the very least have been all-India roles.
- As Executive-Vice President in Fullerton India Credit Company, was responsible for rolling out 1,100 premises in 15 months, an industry first.
- Part of the core team that restructured Fullerton India Credit Company as a result of which the company achieved profitability.
- Worked in leadership roles in organisations like Bayer India, Enron India, Citibank and Fullerton India.
Mr. Rakesh Bajaj
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Rakesh Bajaj is a qualified CA, CS and CWA and has over 22 years of experience in the Financial Services and Manufacturing sector. He has worked with large MNCs like Citigroup, L’Oréal, Shell Lubricants, Diageo and Price Waterhouse Coopers. In his previous organizations he has been responsible for Financial Reporting, Taxation, RBI and SEBI Compliance, Company Secretarial, Financial Management, Business Planning & Forecasting, Treasury, Internal Audit, Costing, Manging Investments, Implementing ERP system and setting up of SEZ and STPI units.
Rakesh heads the Finance & Accounts, Treasury, Tax, Compliance and the Legal & Company Secretarial departments.
Mr. G. Ramaswamy
Mr. Ramaswamy’s career spans 20 years in Banking and Financial Services in India. His area of specialisation includes managing Asset Backed Financing Businesses (ABF), SME, Mid-market & Transaction Banking services. He has held P&L responsibilities in Citibank and was responsible for the Liabilities (transaction banking coverage) and SME verticals. He also had a stint with FRB India as Commercial Bank Head where he was responsible for developing the Indo-Africa trade corridor for Indian mid-market companies. He is a B. Com. and a MBA from KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai University.
Ramaswamy heads the Sales & Marketing, Risk and Analytics functions.